Daddy sweetest
Again, my old man made me laugh - in the midst of vague times, career and personal life changes and the associated stress.
I am completely exhausted from my recent apartment hunting expedition. Who ever said "Kalyanam panni paar, veeta kati paar" (Perform a marriage, build a house), can wisely add "Hunt for a rented apartment" to that! I've spent almost 4 weekends hunting for a decent place to move. The fact that my current residence is spoken for starting 5 July hasnt helped ease off the pressure...
Cutting the cribs out, I finally managed to find an ok-ish place to move to, paid the advance, got back home and called dad to tell him. For a guy not so much into details, he asked me sooo many questions.
"How far from work?"
"How will you commute?"
"Is the grocery shop nearby?"
"Is it safe?"
"How will you manage cooking and all?"
(Aha, he assumed that his daughter is this lazy goon who wouldnt bother with cooking for herself just because she has a cook now! He he!)
"Will your current househelp and cook come?"
I told him am moving 15 kms away from my current apartment, and his reply, "Oh, then they may not agree to come everyday!"
:))

4 Comments:
I want to reply to your dad's questions:
a. How far from work?
If she uses her bike its 12 kms, if she buys an innova its 3 kms, and with santro its 6km.
b. How will you commute?
Innova in the beginning till it becomes santro ;)
c. Is the grocery shop nearby?
No need, sangs stays nearby.
d. How safe?
For others you mean?
e. How will you manage cooking and all?
Novotel has a kitchen and sangs cook cooks well
f. will you current househelp and cook come?
depends on MS policies
:D
- From a very old (literally and figuratively) friend.
c. Is the grocery shop nearby?
No need, sangs stays nearby.
Err....umm....
e. How will you manage cooking and all?
Novotel has a kitchen and sangs cook cooks well
No comments on this one!
f. will you current househelp and cook come?
depends on MS policies
LOL!!!! ROTFL!!! too good rips!
Hahaha...I like Ripul's comments too
Rips and Sangs - darlings... how could you do this?
After all that I've done (not done!)...
Wanders off singing sadly...
"Dost dost naa raha, pyar pyar na raha, zindagi hamein"...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home