Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Loans and Credit Cards

"Hello, am I speaking to Gari.. ka.. patty.. dh aru ni?"
OR
"Am I talking to taruni/daruni/ darni madam?"

Is how most of these calls start - I really wish someone taught them to pronounce my name right! But anyways, I get an average of 4-5 calls a week and believe me, it drives me nuts.

I sometimes get the feeling that this set of people have no other aim in life than to bug/hound/irritate me. Imagine these heavily Telugu accented women (mostly) who make the sentences sound like a song - and i have not much idea about Telugu songs... duh!

This gal who called me this morning from American Express Personal Loans takes the cake! This is how the conversation went:

"Am I talking to daruni madam?"

"Yes, speaking." (checking email, not all that attentive)

"Madam, I am calling from American Express Personal Loans, madam. Today is a special day, so we are offering you a special loan madam."

"A what?" (kid has my attention now!)

"A special loan madam, so that you can buy anything you want, madam. Specially offer today, madam. Oh, madam, wish you a happy women's day, madam."

"Oh, ok. Thanks, but I am not interested in loans and all that. Thanks anwyays." (ready to disconnect)

"But why madam, you can buy so many things madam... you know.."

"No thanks, I am not really interested. Bye."

I could still hear her mumble something as I disconnected!

Lordy! what is the world coming to?!

2 Comments:

At Tue Apr 25, 09:23:00 PM PDT , Blogger Synchronicity Diva said...

Speak Kanada madam? Ok. no problem madam, I will tell you in English madam.

madam, this is a nice post madam.

 
At Wed Aug 22, 11:34:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least she pronounced your name correctly, that's a big advantage! As to these advert calls, I think they can make everyone mad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home