Lose control
Just fresh from yet another debate on this movie and it looks like I could be lynched sometime soon for not ‘loving it’. I agree that the movie is
- Very ‘with it’ so far as gen next is concerned
- A great entertainer – specially with Khan in it
- Hyped enough pre-release
- A call to young people to take responsibility for their lives
- Slickly handled
- Great w.r.t the music – Rehman rocks :)
But I wonder if that means we take other people’s lives – atleast those we don’t like/agree with/ or plain dislike. I think the film was undone with that ‘maar dalo’ by Sonia – post her boyfriend’s death. Sure, I can see the parallel with the Historical perspective… but that doesn’t mean I can be illogical and say, “ok, go ahead and kill everyone you hate!”
I’ve had numerous experiences that have made me feel murderous, but can I really do that? And would I really be justified in doing it, anyways? Do I know all the facts? Imagine killing Harshad for the losses he brought in investors across the country, Laloo for his gimmicks – no use pinpointing one here, Fernandes for the Kargil scam, xzy for abc scam… how many people will one kill? More importantly, who/what gives you the right to kill?
They kill corrupt politician, kill corrupt dad and then hole up in a radio station to escape a faceless government’s death warrant and they also feel remorse. Was it really remorse? Or is it just false bravado that’s facing reality?
I realise about artistic license allows some things, but I wonder if the story could have ended differently:
Without the wasted gun power
Without the useless shooting/blood and sentimental nonsense
Without enticing people to be violent
Without ignoring the message to the awakening generation (much like the 'dont wake a sleeping monster') ;)
Lose control?
Of course!

3 Comments:
hi..i like ur blog...really good stuff.
-RS
Hey RS.. thanks, but would like to know who u are...
good post - liked reading
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home