My Treadmill – Part 1
For the uninitiated, I bought a treadmill a while back and am yet to convert it into a clothes stand. And since I don’t want to let myself ignore it, I have it put it in the middle of my house (literally) and also positioned it in such a way that I can watch TV while I tread, walk, slow walk, fast walk, run, jog, or collapse! :)
So for now, this is what happens at 102 every morning:
I drag myself every morning out of bed.
Wear my shoes. Oh, these shoes are special, have been only used for treadmilling sessions and never out!
Put on the TV; choose the most happening channel – Cartoon Network wins most times.
Find something else to delay getting on to the contraption! This could be fetching a bottle of water, arranging the hand towel just so on the handle bar, or changing channels yet again.
Get onto the treadmill and make all the adjustment. Ah, did I mention that this is a manual contraption that doesn’t allow all that many adjustments? I can only set/reset time and distance. It displays the speed per km, pulse rate, and calories lost. But given my inclination to procrastinate, I can manage to adjust these as well, for a long time!
Ok.. all set, now we can take off!!
Ah, easy does it! Start with 2.4 KMPH…
Huff huff… look at timer, shucks, only 3 mins?
Huff huff huff… watch that pulse… 72, 86, 94… 5 mins… hhmmm…
Huff huff huff… easy does it… 3.1 KMPH.. Is that the treadmill squeaking?
Off the treadmill (actually, any excuse would do!) check under, over, next to the treadmill, ok, all ok… now what? Hhmm.. am darn thirsty!
[Get back on that treadmill now] Huh? Who is that? Oooo, my ‘inner voice’ voicing her opinion? Ok, ok…
Huff huff huff… watch that pulse… 72, 86, 94… 15 mins… hhmmm…
Huff huff… look at timer, shucks, only 19 mins?
Huff huff huff… steady at 2.8 KMPH now.. Need a sip of water! Jump off…
Change channels yet again, time for the morning news… one more sip of water in the sly ;)
[Get back on that treadmill now] Hey, just a min… [GET BACK NOW] ok ok…
Huff huff huff…

1 Comments:
Treadmill...so innocently written with a flamboyance of cahrismatic writing. I must say that your writings impressed me little bit. I am a first timer here. Good work...very fascinating...incredible simplicity.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home