Saturday, March 04, 2006

DG by any name…

What if I was called anything other than DG? Lets say one fine morning (afternoon or night) someone takes it on themselves to rechristen me..

Would I change? Would I look any different [ah, a slimmer me wont be bad ;)] would I feel different? Would my identity change?
Here is what I am called mostly now..
D - Yes, been called this too. No connect to some hoodlums though!
DG - Non-Indian colleagues/acquaintances to save my name from being tortured
DG - Started with NIIT and fondness for 2-3-4 letter acronyms for things and people
Dha - A new colleague likes to call me this.
Dhar - Funnily, have been called this. Lazy people?
Dharu - Very few select people get away using this one ;)

So, what would I be christened as, if I have to? My name would have started with a ‘D’ or ‘S’ to be ‘compliant’ with the planetary charts.
Deepa - ugh, I am not sure I’d have lit up anything :)
Damayanti - Mom would have rejected this for the Nala/Damayanti story
Durga - Fiery temper, flaring nostrils…
Devaki - Again, not a very happy story
Divya - Too common?
Srilakshmi - Sigh
Sri (whatever) YAWN!
Savitri - Perish the thought!

Hhhmmm.. I think I’ll pass this one on…I am me, and I am DG!

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 07, 01:18:00 AM PST , Blogger Jayeeta Majumdar Singhee said...

Baby..you forgot DARU. I like this name of yours most actually. Just seems so "under the influence" - of me, of course ;) Hick Hick!

 
At Wed Jun 11, 12:47:00 AM PDT , Blogger ripul said...

Oops someone got there before I did for the same name... daalu is another... what kind of daru?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home